Outline three categories of cooperative societies
Categories of cooperatives society
- Agricultural marketing societies: Their functions are to collect, process, and store and save members produce.
- Savings & credit cooperative: Main purpose is to mobilize savings 86 channels them to individual members as loan for specific development profits at affordable rates of interest.
- Insurance cooperatives: They have the profit of developing 7 providing insurance services based on the cooperative principle.
- Transport cooperatives: Involved in purchasing vehicles & using them for public transport or for hiring or leasing.
- Housing cooperatives: They buy & develop houses for the members or sell houses to members at lower prices.