CIPS Apprenticeship – Level 4

Overview of the Levy

What is the apprenticeship levy?
The Apprenticeship Levy commenced in April 2017. The levy applies to all organisations (public & private sector) based in the UK if their payroll exceeds £3 million.

Employers will pay a levy on their whole pay bill at a rate of 0.5%.

The levy can be used to train existing Buyers via the CIPS Apprenticeship. This means that over a 2 year period the buyer will take a CIPS Level 4 Diploma course, prepare showcase piece of work and a case study, then complete an End Point Assessment to ensure the training is being deployed.

Use your Apprenticeship Levy fund to train your existing Buyers.

You can use your Apprenticeship Levy to train your existing buyers and people in purchasing, supply chain and contract management roles within your business.

The employee can be aged from 21-60+. The CIPS Apprenticeship is aimed at people who have been in a procurement/commercial role for 2 years or more.

What if I do not pay Apprenticeship Levy?
Government funding exists for SME’s and it is proposed that 90% of the cost of the CIPS Apprenticeship will be government funded, leaving the organisation to pay 10% of the total cost.

Who is eligible?
Any person in the public or private sector who aged 21-60+. There is no age limit.

Share through