Level 6 – Professional Diploma in Procurement & Supply
Who Should Consider This Level
- Strategic / Senior Manager
- Purchasing / Procurement Manager
- Head of Procurement / Head of Commercial
- Supply Chain Manager
- Head of Logistics / Transport
- Operations Manager
Courses Contents & Units
The Level 6 Professional Diploma is aimed at individuals who have obtained their Level 5 qualification and wish to progress their learning to Level 6 which gives you a degree level qualification and allows you to apply for CIPS member status (MCIPS).
The 3 core and 2 of 3 optional units at this level:
- CORE PD1: Leadership in Procurement & Supply – With a greater focus on equality, discrimination and diversity.
- CORE PD2: Corporate & Business Strategy – Greater focus on organisational strategy. The strategy clock. Internationalisation and impact on strategy. Commitment to strategic change with greater focus on culture.
- CORE PD3: Strategic Supply Chain Management – Relationship between corporate, business and functional strategy. Competitive advantage. Collaborative approaches. KPIs to measure the Supply Chain. Change management of stakeholders. Supply Chain networks and reverse logistics.
- PD4: Supply Chain Diligence – Impact of globalisation on Supply Chain and imports. Corporate governance. Systems integration. Employment regulations. Financial aspects of Supply Chains incl. M&A, exchange rates, costs and commodities. Benchmarking in Supply Chains.
- PD5: Programme & Project Management – Project and strategic partnering. Model form contracts and NEC3. EPC, management, contracting etc. Cost management, sustainability and safety. Variations/claims.
- PD6: Legal Aspects in Procurement & Supply (UK) – EU procurement regulations, remedies, standstill and e-tendering. IPR. TUPE. ILO/UN standards.
You will need to have achieved the CIPS Level 5 Advanced Diploma in Procurement & Supply.