Circumstances under which the high court might set aside an arbitral award
- One of the parties to the arbitration agreement had no capacity to enter into it.
- The arbitration agreement was invalid in law.
- The party was not offered sufficient notice for the appointment of an arbitral tribunal.
- The arbitral tribunal was not constituted in accordance with the terms of the agreement.
- The award relates to a dispute not contemplated by the agreement.
- The award is contrary to public policy of Kenya.
- The dispute is incapable of resolution by arbitration.