Human Resource Management July 2014 Past Examination Question Paper – KNEC
This Past Paper examination was examined by the Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC) and it applies to the following Certificate courses
Diploma in Personnel Management
Diploma in Labour Studies
Note: To easily navigate through the KNEC Past Examination Paper Pdf below, Mobile phone users are advised to use Mozilla or Chrome browsers
THE KENYANATIONAL EXAMINATIONS COUNCIL
DIPLOMA IN PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT
DIPLOMA IN LABOUR STUDIES
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
1. a) Outline five uses of personnel records in an organisation. (10 marks)
(b) Outline five ways in which an organization may prepare employees for retrenchment.
2. (a) Explain five reasons why personnel policies should be maintained in written form.
(b) Highlight five functions of a safety committee in an organization.
3. a) Outline five circumstances under which an employee may be dismissed from employment without notice. (10 marks)
(b) Pandy Limited intends to undertake Organization Development programmes.
Explain the measures that the management should take to ensure support from the employees. (10 marks)
4 (a) Highlight the benefits that may accrue to an organisation from using the off-the-job training method. (10 marks)
(b) Outline five principles that should be considered when carrying out human resource planning in an organization. (10 mans)
5. (a) Explain six factors that may influence the amount of wages and salaries given to employees. (12 marks)
b) Outline the contributions of the behavioural approach to human resource management. (8 marks)
6. a) Describe the steps that may be followed when carrying out a performance appraisal exercise in an organization. (12 marks)
b) Explain the four systems of leadership according to Rensis Likert’s leadership theory.
7. a) Explain five challenges that a human resource manager may face when selecting the right candidate for the job. (10 marks)
b) Outline five reasons why organizations provide welfare facilities to their employees. (10 marks)