Duties of an auditor
– To report to the shareholders or directors on whether the financial statements of the company or group show a true and fair view or ―present fairly‖ and have been properly prepared in accordance with legislation.
– To consider whether the information in the management report included within the annual report is consistent with the audited financial statements.
– To form an opinion as to whether
• Proper accounting records have been kept by the company
• Such information and explanation as the auditors think necessary for the
performance of their duties have been received from company‘s officers.
• Report on any violation of law or company‘s constitution.
• Make a ―statement of circumstances‖ when they cease to hold office for any reason.