Free Access to KNEC College Past Examination Papers
This Past Paper examination was examined by the Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC) and it applies to the following Certificate course
Note: To easily navigate through the KNEC Past Examination Paper Pdf below, Mobile phone users are advised to use Mozilla or Chrome browsers
1. (a) One of the early contributors to the development of management thought is the Roman Catholic Church.
Explain the ways in which the church has contributed to the thought. (8 marks)
(b) A manager has certain responsibilities in the organization.
State these responsibilities. (12 marks)
2. (a) There are certain principles that should guide the setting of objectives in an organization.
Highlight these principles. (10 marks)
(b) Explain the principles of effective control in an organization. (10 marks)
3. (a) Explain the ways in which each of the following management techniques facilitate coordination in an organization:
(ii) Staff meetings. (8 marks)
(b) Some managers do not delegate work to their subordinates.
Explain the factors that may account for the failure of some managers to delegate work to their subordinates in an organisation. (12 marks)
4. (a) Explain the factors that may limit the performance of a specialist manager in an organization. (10 marks)
(b) Mr. Murungi has been appointed as a ls’ Line manager in the production department of a certain manufacturing organization.
Explain the responsibilities of Murungi in his new appointment. (10 marks)
5. (a) Explain the advantages of a decentralized organization structure. (12 marks)
(b) It is always necessary to process data collected in a research exercise.
Explain the reasons for processing such data. (8 marks)
6. (a) Kirigo, the training manager of Rigoki Ltd., intends to mount training programmes for the workers in the organization.
Highlight the factors that the manager should consider in designing the training programmes for specific groups of workers. (10 marks)
(b) Explain the measures that an organization can take in order to improve the conceptual working environment for the workers. (10 marks)
7. (a) Many organizations are concerned with the issue of management succession.
Explain the measures that an organization should take to ensure smooth management succession. (10 marks)
(b) There are certain ways in which a manager can demonstrate leadership at the work place.
Describe these ways. (10 marks)