Outline three objectives of registering patents
Objectives of registering patents
- A registered patent protects how your product and business works.
- An inventor is awarded a patent which gives him certain exclusive rights which prevent others from using the patented invention.
- Registration of design protects how your business product looks.
- Patents give statutory expression to the moral and economic rights of creators in their creations and such rights of public in access to those creations.
- Registration of patents promotes creativity and dissemination of its result and encourages fair trading.