Organization Theory and Behaviour November 2014 Past Examination Question Paper – KNEC
This Past Paper examination was examined by the Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC) and it applies to the following Certificate course
Diploma in Business Management
Diploma in Personnel Management
Note: To easily navigate through the KNEC Past Examination Paper Pdf below, Mobile phone users are advised to use Mozilla or Chrome browsers
THE KENYA NATIONAL EXAMINATIONS COUNCIL
DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
DIPLOMA IN PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT
Organization Theory and Behaviour
Time: 3 hours
1. (a) Highlight five benefits that an organization-may derive from the existence of informal groups within the organization. (10 marks)
b) Explain five factors that may influence the span of control in an organization.
2. (a) Outline five guidelines that may be followed when applying the reinforcement theory of motivation in an organization. (10 marks)
(b) The management of Tendo T-imited has decided to adopt a matrix organization structure. Explain five reasons that may have led to this decision. (10 marks)
3. (a) Highlight five ways in which employees in an organization can reduce interpersonal conflicts among themselves. (10 marks)
b) Outline five characteristics of a mechanistic organization design. (10 marks)
4. (a) Explain five measures that may be taken to minimize resistance to change in an organization. (10 marks)
(b) Outline five characteristics under which autocratic style of leadership may be most appropriate. (10 marks)
5. (a) Explain five sources of individual attitudes.
b) Kimili Limited is currently undertaking an organizational development programme. Highlight five benefits that the company is likely to derive from this undertaking.
6. a) Explain five reasons why a manager should be knowledgeable in organization theory and behaviour. (10 marks)
(b) Outline five consequences that an organization is likely to suffer for having a stressed workforce. (10 marks)
7. (a) Explain five external environmental factors that may affect the effectiveness of an organization. (10 marks)
(b) Explain five sources of power in an organization. (10 marks)