Principles and practice of Marketing July 2017 Past Examination Question Paper – KNEC
This Past Paper examination was examined by the Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC) and it applies to the following courses:
Diploma in Supply Chain Management
Diploma in Investment Management
Diploma in Maritime Transport Logistics
Note: To easily navigate through the KNEC Past Examination Paper Pdf below, Mobile phone users are advised to use Mozilla or Chrome browsers
THE KENYA NATIONAL EXAMINATIONS COUNCIL
DIPLOMA IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
DIPLOMA IN INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT
DIPLOMA IN MARITIME TRANSPORT LOGISTICS
PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICE OF MARKETING
Time: 3 hours
1. a) Wote Limited has one of its products in the stage marked “B” of a product life cycle.
Explain five marketing strategies which the firm should adopt for the product.
b) Explain five ways in which application of marketing concepts guides a firm’s efforts in achieving its marketing goals. (10 marks)
2. a) Stem Limited recently rebranded one of its products. Explain six reasons which could have made the firm to take such an action. (12 marks)
b) Peter Limited deals with motorcycles. Describe four types of advertisements which the firm may use to promote the motorcycles. (8 marks)
3. a) Explain five ways in which a firm’s marketing activities are affected by an unstable political environment. (10 marks)
b) Organizations are increasingly using vending machines to dispense products such as milk. Outline five advantages of using these machines. (10 marks)
4. a) Shirika Limited prefers using direct marketing= to distribute its products. Explain six reasons for this preference. (12 marks)
b) Describe four economic factors which influence consumer buying behaviour. (8 marks)
5. a) Suppliers are a very crucial component of a firm’s micro environment. Explain live measures which firms may take to maintain a good relationship with them. (10 marks)
b) Explain five factors which may make a marketing firm to modify its channel arrangement.
6. a) Describe five variables which may be used in behavioural segmentation.
b) Explain live factors that may enhance customers satisfaction in a service business. (10 marks)
7. a) Explain five instances when a marketing firm may maintain constant prices for its products. (10 marks)
b) Explain five reasons why some firms segment their market geographically. (10 marks)