Free Access to KNEC College Past Examination Papers
This Past Paper examination was examined by the Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC) and it applies to the following Certificate course
Diploma in Supplies Management
Note: To easily navigate through the KNEC Past Examination Paper Pdf below, Mobile phone users are advised to use Mozilla or Chrome browsers
1. a) As a newly employed purchasing and supplies manager, your immediate task is to provision goods and services for your organization.
Highlight the challenges you would face when undertaking the task. (10 marks)
2. (a) As an expert in purchasing and supplies management, ‘you have been approached by a newly established firm to advise it on the resources it should mobilise for the preparation of a purchasing and supply strategic plan. Advise the firm in-this respect (l0 marks)
a) As a consultant in purchasing and supplies management you have been engaged by Mufupi Company Ltd, to advice it on the formulation of purchasing and supply policies. You have advised the company to undertake purchasing research us an initial step.
Explain the significance to the company of undertaking the purchasing research. (10 marks)
b) Explain the ways in which a good organization stricture could facilitate efficiency in the purchasing and supply function. (10 marks)
3. (a) Ms Juhudi who was recently promoted to the position of assistant purchasing manager has been appointed to head a team which has to prepare the purchasing and supplies manual. Explain the factors that Ms Juhudi should consider when undertaking the task. (10 marks)
(b) Kochi Company Ltd, a fast expanding company intends to constitute a team which will prepare its purchasing and supply strategic plan.
Describe the parties that the company should include in the team. (10 marks)
4. (a) The management of Mbona manufacturing firm intends to decentralize its purchasing and supplies activities to its branches.
Highlight the weaknesses that are associated with decentralization of the purchasing and supplies activities. (10 marks)
(b) Explain way3 in which the purchasing and supplies policies may enhance efficiency, in the purchasing and supply operations in an organization. (10 marks)
5. (a) A recent audit conducted by the performance monitoring unit (PMU) on tire performance of a purchasing and supply plan in one of the corporations has recommended re-planning of the function’s operations.
Explain the factors that may have led to the recommendation. (10 marks)
b) The management of Sikusi Company Ltd, is concerned about the increase of costs in its purchasing and supplies operations.
As an expert in purchasing and supplies, explain the long term measures that the company should take to address the problem. (10 mans)
6. a) Describe the nature of information that the purchasing and supplies organizational chart should provide. (10 marks)
b) The implementation process of the purchasing and supplies plan require effective monitoring. Explain the significance of monitoring the implementation plan. (10 marks)
7. (a) Man University Council has initiated the consortia policy with a number of universities in their purchasing and supply operations. highlight the factors that may hinder the implementation of the policy. (10 marks)
b) The management of Riverbank Company Ltd, has decided to place its purchasing and supplies unit under the marketing department. Explain the factors that may hate influenced the management to make the decision. (10 marks)