Outline four roles of attorney general in your country
Roles of the attorney general
- He is the principle legal advisor to the government.
- He shall represent the government I court or in any other legal proceedings to which the government is a party.
- Shall perform any other function conferred to the office by an act of parliament or the president i.e.
- Drafting of bills.
- Registration of business.
- Registration of persons (death, birth)
- Registration of marriage.
- The powers of the attorney general may be exercised in person or by subordinate offices acting in accordance with general or obstructive instruments.