Highlight the two rules of natural justice
Rules of natural justice
- The rule on opportunity to be heard – A person must be given notice of the case against him so that he can defend himself if he wishes.
- The rule against bias – A person should not be a judge in his own cause. A man- should not be the plaintiff or prosecutor in an action and at the same time sit in judgement to decide in that particular case
- No one should be penalized by a decision of a court or tribunal unless he has been given prior notice of the charge or case and fair opportunity to answer the case.
- An adjudicator should not act as a judge and a prosecutor in the same case.
- No one should be a judge in his own case.
- Justice delayed is justice denied
- Justice should not only be done it should be seen to have been done