Section 94 (1) of the Constitution sets out the grounds upon which the minister may revoke the citizenship status of a registered or naturalized citizen. The minister must be satisfied that the citizen:
• Has by act or speech shown himself to be disloyal and disaffected towards Kenya.
• Has during a war in which Kenya was involved unlawfully traded, communicated or engaged with enemies while aware that such trade assisted the enemy in the war.
• Has continuously resided outside Kenya for 7 years while not in the service of Kenya or other international body of which Kenya is a member etc.
• Has within 5 years of registration or naturalization been convicted for a criminal offense and sentenced to imprisonment for 12 months or more.
• Obtained the registration or naturalization by means of fraud, false representation or concealment of material facts.