Control procedures are those policies and procedures in addition to the control environment which management has established to achieve the entity‘s specific objectives. Control procedures include the following:
– Preparation and review of reconciliation‘s;
– Checking the arithmetical accuracy of the records;
– Having proper segregation of duties;
– Physical controls to safeguard the assets of the company;
– Controlling applications & environment of computer information systems
e.g. by establishing controls over:
• Changes to computer programs.
• Access to data files.
– Approving and controlling the use of documents.
– Limiting direct physical access to assets and records.