|Memorandum of Association||Articles of Association|
|· It is one of the constitutive documents in company formation.
· Every company must have a memorandum of association.
· It is the company‟s charter or external
· It regulates the relations between the company and 3rd parties.
· It embodies the name of the company, domicile objects capital, liability date particulars of subscribers.
· It prevails over the articles in the event of a conflict.
· Some of its clauses are alterable.
|· It is one of the constitutive document
· Every company must have a set of regulations as its articles.
· A company may adopt Table A with or without modifications.
· It is the internal constitution of the company.
· It contains the rules of internal management.
· It regulates the relations between the company and its members.
· It is alterable by special resolution.
· If a company adopts Table A as its articles, its contents include:
v Forfeiture of shares
v Transfer and transmission of shares.
v Convention and conduct of meetings.
v Bonus shares
v Office of managing director
v Office of company secretary
v Division of powers between the general
meeting and the board etc.