Marketing Management July 2015 Past Examination Question Paper – KNEC
This Past Paper examination was examined by the Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC) and it applies to the following courses:
Note: To easily navigate through the KNEC Past Examination Paper Pdf below, Mobile phone users are advised to use Mozilla or Chrome browsers
DIPLOMA IN SALES AND MARKETING
The Paper consists of SEVEN questions.
Answer any FIVE questions in the spaces provided in the question paper.
ALL questions carry equal marks.
1. (a) Explain five factors that a firm should consider when designing a promotion mix.
(b) Explain five types of costs that may be incurred when using differentiated market
Coverage strategy for target markets. (10 marks)
2. (a) Describe the main stages in the organizational buying process. ( 12 marks)
(b) Explain four roles of marketing in the society. (8 marks)
3. (a) Ultimate Limited is a new company and is in the process of determining prices for its
Products. Explain the steps it will follow in the pricing process. (12 marks)
(b) Describe four categories of new products that a firm may offer. ( 8 marks)
4. (a) Explain four emerging trends that a firm should consider in its marketing operations
In order to be competitive. ( 8 marks)
(b) Jade Enterprise intends to sell its products through a retailer. Explain six functions that a retailer will perform. (12 marks)
5. (a) Ivy Options Limited is a marketing bureau offering a variety of services. Explain five
ways by which it may reduce the intangibility of its services. (10 marks)
(b) Explain five limitations of a sales promotion campaign. (10 marks)
6. (a) Webb Limited has invested heavily in expansion of its products portfolio. Explain the
methods that it may use to position these products competitively in the market.
(b) Explain five strategies that a firm may use to extend the products life cycle of its
Products. (10 marks)
7 (a) Describe five components of the micro-environment that influence a firm’s
Marketing activities. (10 marks)
(b) Many organizations are increasingly using exhibitions to promote their products.
Explain the reasons for this trend. (10 marks)