A will is a declaration made by a person during his lifetime, of his intention concerning disposal of his property after his death. In relation to wills:Duties of the personal representative
• To pay out of the deceased estate reasonable funeral expenses.
• To collect in all the free property of the deceased including debts owned or money payable.
• To pay out of the deceased estate all expenses of obtaining the grant or administration of the estate.
• To ascertain and pay all the debts of the deceased.
• To give a full and accurate inventory of the assets and liabilities of the deceased within 6 months of the grant
• To distribute or retain in trust all assets remaining after payment of expenses and debts.
• To complete the administration of the estate other than in respect of continuing trusts within six months.
• To produce to the court a full and accurate account of confirmation of the grant or such other time as the court may permit.