Under the law of contract, certain types” of contracts must be evidenced in writing for them to be valid.
With reference to the above statement, identify ten types of contracts which must be evidenced in writing in order to be valid
Ten types of contracts which must be evidenced in writing
- Hire purchase agreements.
- Conditional sale agreements.
- Transfer of shares in a registered company.
- An acknowledgement of a debt which has become statute barred under the limitation of Actions Act.
- An assignment of a copyright.
- Contracts for the sale or other disposition of land.
- Contracts of guarantee.-.
- Contracts of insurance.
- Contracts for sale of goods above Sh.200.
- Contracts involving payment by way of cheques, bills of exchange and promissory under the Bills of Exchange Act.